Seasonal Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Overnight Security Guard, Part Time: North East - Macys
Posted: Saturday, November 4, 2017 10:08 PM
Develop your investigative skills as part of our industry-leading asset protection team you ll use innovative technology and dive deep into analytics to reduce shortages and protect Macy s bottom line. You ll have lots of opportunity to grow your career under leadership that s committed to developing their teams and building leaders, and you ll also have the ability to focus on highly specialized areas including Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset Protection Training.
The Seasonal Asset Protection Overnight Security Guard s primary responsibility is to work as part of a team and maintain a strong focus on customer service to meet department and store objectives for deterring theft and ensuring a safe business environment. This position involves long periods of standing. In most instances the Seasonal Asset Protection Overnight Security guard will stand at a customer and/or employee entrance/exit door(s) for long periods of time and/or walk through high shortage departments to deter theft and provide customer service.
This Macy's location utilizes an innovative way of planning work schedules, allowing an associate to participate more in managing availability and setting preferences for work times. This enables our associates to address their need for flexibility in meeting both personal and work obligations. Details on My Schedule Plus are available during the interview process.
- Deter theft by offering customer service
- Remained stationed at a fixed post, i.e entrance/exit doors, for long periods of time for extended periods of time to provide a strong visible presence
- Communicate with the Asset Protection Department
- Respond to customer and associate incidents to facilitate first aid and minimize company liability
- Assist Detectives with the Recovery of stolen merchandise
- Successfully complete all Asset Protection training requirements and maintain personal certifications as required by law
- Works on special assignments, investigations, and surveillance as directed by Store Asset Protection Manager
- Perform other duties as needed
- Follows shortage programs and procedures
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some college is desirable.
- Completion of Store Agent Training program required upon assignment to position.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves long periods of standing and remaining stationary.
- It also involves regular walking, hearing, and talking.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to think and act clearly in possible stressful and hostile situations.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which will include early morning, day, late evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- You must be available to work Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Saturday after Thanksgiving and the entire week before Christmas and the entire week of Christmas.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endless opportunities. Countless possibilities.
Innovation, Creativity, Passion.
Your Career Path
Click here to see where your career with Macy's could go in Asset Protection.
Associated topics: guard, metal detection, monitor, patrol, patrol officer, protect, protection, public safety, tsa, watchman
• Location: Fort Smith, Winchester
• Post ID: 15838457 fortsmith