Job ID: 128490
APAC- Central Inc. is an Oldcastle Materials Company. Oldcastle Materials is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, bridge and paving services with 1400 locations nationwide. From coast to coast, Oldcastle Materials delivers quality, dependable results to customers ranging from federal agencies to small construction companies. APAC is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
The Plant Superintendent will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of a plant as well as providing leadership, training, supervision and support to the Concrete Delivery Professionals. The Plant Superintendent will also need to develop and maintain temawork within the concrete production and delivery departments. The ultimate goal for this position is to develop an environment of working teams and guiding these teams to be the best in the busines
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Supervise, evaluate, coach, and motivate personnel supervised.
- Manage the workforce assigned to the plant daily.
- Direct work at plant locations and job sites.
- Maintain quality assurance of the plant as required.
- Perform routine plant maintenance.
- Control expenditures and maximize profits for the plant, region, and company.
- Control and maintain inventory levels.
- Assist in the batch of concrete and maintain the plant.
- Routinely inspect vehicles and equipment and report and repairs needed.
- Assist with accident and environmental investigation/compliance.
- Complete all paperwork and reports required by the company in a timely manner.
- Issue discipline at the direction of the Regional Manager and Driver Manager.
- Review time cards and monitor attendance.
- Adhere to and positively communicate all company policies.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Valid state drivers license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL), class A or B, is preferred.
- Three to five years of increasing responsibilities with concrete or similar duties within construction industry.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with customers and company personnel.
- Ability to supervise and control personnel to accommodate customer satisfaction.
- Ability to take initiative and be a problem solver.
- Ability to make good judgement calls when under pressure.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend detailed instructions.
- Ability to understand maps.
- Ability to perform mathematical functions pertainint to billing, volumes, quantities, etc.
- Must have, or acquire, good computer skills in order to operate batching, billing, and communication equipment.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as per company policy.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Safety Vest.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Job requires climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, frequent lifting of extensions chutes, stretching, sitting/driving, shifting gears, and covering/uncovering load when applicable.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 17199757 fortsmith